Welcome to the home of the Community Kit for SharePoint : Sandbox Tools Edition (CKS:Sandbox)
A free community tool to aide in the administration of Sandbox Solutions within your SharePoint 2010 Farm.
View Screenshots |
Some suggestions on how to use CKS:Sandbox |
Installation Instructions |
Follow us on Twitter
The initial feature set would include the following (all of which would be configurable and editable at the farm level):
CKS:Sandbox Version 1.0 includes the following functionality:
The highly configurable validation engine runs using SharePoint Solution Validators. This allows you to customise a set of rules that are checked each time someone tries to
Activate a sandbox solution anywhere in the SharePoint Farm.
- Fully configurable Validation Rules allowing you to check Sandbox Solution Packages for:
- Validate specific solutions using their unique Solution ID
- Assembly Public Key Tokens to only allow specific SNK files to be used during development
- Assembly names using wildcard matching.
- You can validate the Type Namespaces for each type in the assembly, using wildcard matching, such as "Microsoft.SharePoint.*"
- You can specify Blocked File Types by file extension (such as JS or XAML)
- You can validate the content of each file in the solution using RegEx or Wildcard matching (such as blocking <script> tags)
- You can set the default Validation Behaviour allowing you to
Allow All or Block All for the different Validation Rule types
- You can enable / disable Enforce Validation and choose whether to block solutions when a solution fails validation
Error Mesages and Emails
- You can enable / disable Email Notification and receive emails to a configurable email address when a solution fails validation
- Standard "CKS" error messages and pages are provided with the tool and displayed to end users if a solution is blocked during activation
- You can use your own custom error messages by providing a URL to your own ASPX pages
- The Manage Sandbox Solutions page allows you to view every single Sandbox Solution currently installed in your farm;
- Grouped by Site Collection, showing the Name, URL and current Resource Point Quota
- Provides a link to the Site Collection Solution Gallery where it is stored
- Shows the Solution ID, Title and Description information
- Shows the Activation status of each Solution, and how many Resource Points it has currently consumed.
- Enforce validation rules by URL path of the Solution Gallery
- e.g. Only enable it for the My Sites web application
- e.g. Disallow for the Archiving Site Collection
If you have any suggestions for features then please let us know through the Discussions threads!
About the Community Kit for SharePoint
The Community Kit for SharePoint is a set of editions, components, tools and recommended documentation for SharePoint development. You are currently viewing the edition project site for the Development Tools Edition. To learn about the other
editions and components you can go to
For the latest version of the CKS charter document, click
IMPORTANT: Please note that the Community Kit for SharePoint is not officially maintained or supported by Microsoft. Support for this edition is provided
only via the discussion forum associated with this edition.